Sunday 13 March 2011

Early Imperial Roman Carroballista

Good evening,

I have finished a couple more wheeled elements, this time some Early Imperial Roman Carroballista[s? - not sure of the plural when writing Latin...]


The horse and cart combination were made for me ages back by Mark Ottley, who also fashioned some really great little bolt shooters (out of GW Elven bow bits and card), however I kinda thought that they were a little heavy duty for the light mobile artillery that scooted around with the legions when in the field. So I just swapped out Mark's ones for some HaT [Punic] ones.






I also toyed around with a couple of darker skin tones, meaning to crew them with some North Africans...they've turned out a little more dark pink than I was expecting. Oh well.

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment