Wednesday 12 December 2012

HOTT Carnage, Game 4

And so, onto Game 4.

Gordon brought out his Vietnam Air Cav army.

  • 1 Magician General - an artillery spotter
  • 1 Hero
  • 1 Dragon - an AC130
  • 4 Flyers
  • 2 Shooters

So, thought I, what better army to face up against the big green menace from Venice (Beach, that is) than...little green goblins from Raetia.

  • 1 Blade General
  • 1 God - a BIG bad storm giant
  • 1 Behemoth - a big bad troll
  • 1 Blade
  • 10 Hordes
  • 2 Lurkers

And so it began.


With the bulk of Gordon's infantry deployed on his left.


So, I decide to redeploy my left to support my right. Just as his Dragon turned up. Yikes!


And so the big nasty Herc menaces my right. Heck, lets face it, it menaces my entire army!


So, with no answer to my right, I figured I might as well try my luck in the centre. After all, that artillery spotter looked pretty isolated.


In response, Gordon sends out the flight of the valkyries...


...right into my left flank.


With fairly predictable results.


And to top it all off, Gordon moves back his spotter! (Thankfully, airborne armies are notoriously difficult to maneuver (ironically) since it costs 2 pips to move any group that contains an airborne element).


Huzzah! My storm giant arrives, so I set 'im up to take down some Hueys.


Unfortunately, at the same time Gordon sends his Dragon into the flank of my Troll.


Rats!

So I send in Stormie to take on Spooky.


A stand result, so Gordon flies a couple of Hueys in support.


But, at even odds, the green skins hold, while Stompy takes out Spooky...


...and the greenies take out a bunch of fly boys.


Two, in fact.


But just when things were looking up...


Arghhh! Oh stink!

Well, at least I've still got a couple of Blades and an unlimited supply of Hordes. So I figure my best bet is to take on those shooters coming my way...


...while Gordon continues to pull back in the centre.


Unfortunately, he brings in his Hero to replace his Magician.


However, on the flank, I finally catch up with Gordon's retreating infantry. I start to make a bit of head way...


...with back up approaching in support.


Unfortunately, a flank open to a flyer...


...often ends in tears!


That was my General!

And so, another game gone down the gurgler. Still, it was a pretty cool game.

Well done Gordon,

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment