Sunday 29 December 2013

For Al

Good evening,

Since Al expressed a desire to see something other than HOTT (!), more specifically some WW2 toys, here, just for Al, all covered in sequins...



I always think the Stuka is smiling at this angle!




These Hobby Boss kits were designed to be modeled wheels down (makes sense I guess, they don't supply a pilot...but do a quite lovely cockpit...), I had to file down the tires to fit the wheel wells. I also had to chop out the sticky-outy bit of the leg covers (they must compress over themselves when resting the weight of the a/c on the ground) and then fill in the gaps.


Speaking of filler, this BF-109 didn't fit together quite as well as the Dora, so I added some filler to those bits too.



These'll be for Spearhead and/or Crossfire to go up against the Kiwis in Greece and Crete.
















Now I've just got to wait for this jolly drizzle to stop so's I can spray the undercoat outside...

Nick

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the thought mate, that's an excellent kit you have there. I only have an old Airfix JU87b, certainly not up to the same standard as these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Al!

      This is an Airfix kit, recent box, but no idea when the moulds were done. A03030A.

      Love the Hobby Boss stuff, in spite of the wheels down thing.

      Delete
    2. No more HotT?? Gah.. Al.. how could you..

      I found two 1/44th die cast aircraft for WW2.. for use in HotT... keep watching.. I have a German WW2 HotT army coming... using some spare painted German figures .. yeehaaaaa

      R

      Delete
    3. lol, obviously me just showing my ignorance Robin :)

      Delete
  2. OOps// 1/144th.. otherwise rather large
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw them. Quite like the 262...though, how are you going to take off the wheels?

      Delete
    2. Wheels??? PPPfftttt.. who cares.. wheels are wheels..

      Aerial hero is Aerial hero... a troop type I don't have in an army yet.. but NOW!!! Mwahahahahahahaha

      R

      Delete
    3. Aerial Hero is AN Arial Hero Robin.

      Delete
    4. Only if you like that font.... touche!!!! :-)
      R

      Delete
  3. Nice kits and yes this drizzle is damned annoying. I ended up spraying stuff under a tree that gives good cover a couple of days ago, but stood on a fallen branch which jumped up and knocked everything over just as it was sprayed... Aaagh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bit of rain on the East Coast...I shall watch the news for the latest update!

    Sterling progress on all fronts Nick. They will make a great (Bad actually for the Kiwi's) pair.

    Model on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Jolly inconvenient stuff, all this wet! However do you cope over yonder?!

      Thanks Paul, looks like there's a break in the weather this morning so I'll hopefully get some undercoating done.

      Delete
  5. Nice planes - they should prove handy on the table top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope so. Mind you, I also hope not - depends on which army I'm playing!

      Delete