Sunday 22 February 2015

X Wing Escalation Game 3

Good afternoon,

Right, two down, two to go. Mind you, at this point I was a little concerned with the trend. One outright win, one modified win (by one point!), what would this one bring...?

So, for game three I added Night Beast and Dark Curse.


Night Beast gains a free focus with a green manoeuvre,  and Dark Curse negates all focus' and re-rolls that an attacker might point his way.

I set up in the corner again, this time keeping my Ties beside my VT, not in front of it, and Todd, thankfully, obliged by setting up a nice big juicy target ahead of me.

I took the bait.


It was about now...



...that I realised that I should have been targeting Howlrunner instead. No wonder she's the first to go if you're flying her as part of your list.



Those re-rolls she allows can be really annoying!

So...



...target her I did.

Right...


...now to deal with the shuttle...



...Boom! Just to get it out of the way, you understand.

And, while we're at it...



...that enemy Tie was starting to bug me as well.

But not before...



...my Academy likewise gets dispatched. By the very Academy that it had just dealt to.

(Same pilot skill, so they shot at each other at the same time...)

Unfortunately, Whisper was was keen to make her presence felt.



Bother. There goes the DC.

However, next up, in the same bound...



...Boom! You don't really want to be that close to a Decimator sporting Expose.

Huzzah! I felt like I was crawling my way back into the game.

A little zipping around then ensued.



Where upon...



...Whisper got just a little too close.

Boomshanka!!

And so it was down to two. The Dauntless with one hull remaining, and a Tie with two.



Ka Blammo!

And the Imperials won the day!

It was a great game, full of action, high drama...and exploding ships! In the end, I lost by the points cost of an Academy Tie Fighter!

Thanks for the game Todd,

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment